Cotton for every need
Cotton fiber is a natural material, which is obtained from cotton wool that wraps the seeds of Gossypium, an originally Indian shrub. The cotton fiber is single-celled, white or cream-white, for the American types, intense cream-brown for the African and Asian ones. The fiber on the inside is formed by almost pure cellulose and is covered by a very thin wood layer, called COTTON WAX, which attributes characteristics such as brilliance, softness to the touch and impermeability.
Cotton fibers are divided according to color, shine and softness, which vary according to their origin. From a chemical point of view, cotton contains 90% of cellulose; the remaining 10% is made up of pectins, waxes and pigments.
Cotton is 100% bio-degradable.
Another very important feature of cotton is that it is hypoallergenic, in fact it can rarely cause allergic reactions. Cotton is very versatile, in fact when combined with other materials it can form many other fabrics.
Characteristics and peculiarities
Cotton has several characteristics, the most important and advantageous being the fact that it is an excellent absorbent, in fact it absorbs humidity and water, it does not felt and keeps the temperature constant. Furthermore, cotton is insulating, because it retains heat; resistant to high temperatures and inelastic, that is, it does not easily elasticize and therefore does not deform.The cotton fiber is suitable for dyeing and is breathable, the fabric obtained is fresh and soft and also very resistant.
The cotton fiber is bleached according to the specifications of the customer, using safe and chlorine-free formulas and performing careful process controls. Bleaching involves removal contamination in and on cotton fiber followed by the removal of its natural color.
UNITED TRADING INTERNATIONAL SAGL
Funicolare 2, 6900 Lugano - Switzerland, CN
+41 79 761 21 90